In 1808, before the town of Oakville existed, the Crown granted the land at 502 Dundas Street West to Daniel Shawson. In 1815 Mr. Shawson sold the land to a United Empire Loyalist named Amos Biggar. Biggar built the original rectangular section of the house in 1816. The house was built in the Classic Revival style, a good example of a Loyalist farmstead.
In 1903, the farm was sold to George King who reared at least 9 children there. In 1936, the farm was sold to Harriet Pierce Bunting who then sold the land to Taymouth Industries Limited in 1949.
In 2000, the home was moved from its original location to the corner Dundas & Neyagawa where it also received its new address - 2441 Neyagawa Blvd. The house is now home to Jelinek Cork Group and the Cork House.
The home has been fully restored and many elements besides the structure remain in their original form.