Oakville’s outstanding volunteers were celebrated for their exemplary contributions to the community at the 13th Annual Community Spirit Awards held at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre.
2014 Community Spirit Award recipients:
- Adam Spencer, Access Award sponsored by MEDIchair Halton
- Susan Forde, Arts Award sponsored by The Oakville Beaver
- Bank of Montreal, Environmental Award sponsored by Tim Hortons
- Friends of the Oakville Public Library, Group Volunteer Award sponsored by Sun Life Financial
- Philip Brimacombe, Heritage and History Award sponsored by Genworth Financial Canada
- Patricia Decker and Paul Doherty, Individual Volunteer Award sponsored by Paradiso Restaurant
- Ruth Johnston, Senior Award sponsored by Chartwell Oakville
- Children in Action, Youth Award sponsored by RBC Royal Bank
The Weather Network’s Chris Mei was the emcee for the evening, entertaining the audience while sponsors handed out the awards. Each recipient received a one-of-a-kind, intricately crafted and themed diorama by award-winning artist Soyeon Kim.
“This year’s awards are as special and unique as the individuals and groups who received them,” said Nina de Vaal, director of recreation and culture for the Town of Oakville. “The important attributes and the spirit of each award category and recipient have been captured beautifully in the art pieces by Soyeon Kim.”
Since 2002, Oakville’s Community Spirit Awards have recognized individuals and groups for their outstanding contributions to the community.
For more information about the Oakville Community Spirit Awards, visit oakville.ca