The Christmas season is upon us and the idea of decorating can be a fun or daunting task – depending on how much time you have on your hands. If your house is on the market and you are looking to sell this holiday season, stay festive and cheerful with some quick and easy decorating tricks that will leave any visitor impressed.
1) Use small glass or crystal bowls on your side tables and fill them with colourful candy like candy canes, sugar candies and other tasty treats that represent the colours of the season!
2) Hang beautiful metallic ornaments from your chandelier with gold or silver ribbons.
3) Hang stockings by your chimney with care keeping the look clean, pretty and simple by using white instead of the traditional red we tend to use with the kids – opt for whites or metallic.
4) Fill a large glass or crystal vase with shiny ornaments and use as a center piece or accent decoration.
5) Add a pop of colour to your Christmas tree – try metallic violet bulbs to accent a traditional green tree and keep decorations simple.
6) Set your dining table! Use simple colours like white and metallic which offer a contemporary but festive look.
7) The entryway of your home is a great place to set the holiday tone. Choose a few characters to put on display near your entrance tabletop and create an enchanted winter wonderland!
8) Don’t forget to put your Christmas Cards on display! However, avoid cluttering them all over your mantel and opt to hang them off wintry branches instead. Simply fill a vase with branches and tie the bottom ends tightly and hang from the branches!
9) Keep your outdoor decorations simple by choosing a single colour scheme like white lights for your house and white ribbons on your planters.
10) Light a scented candle! The warmth of a candle’s glow and the smell of something sweet will be sure to enchant any interested buyer entering your home.
Best wishes for a quick sale (or just a great looking home) this holiday season!