The Town of Oakville will once again join the Canada-wide Culture Days movement on Saturday, September 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre (QEPCCC). Residents are invited to take advantage of hands-on and behind-the-scenes activities that explore music, dance, visual arts and theatre—for free!
“Oakville’s enthusiasm for arts and culture was showcased last year at our first annual Culture Days event,” Oakville Mayor Rob Burton said. “Culture Days is a great opportunity for residents to immerse themselves in the arts and cultural life of our community. We invite you to tour QEPCCC, meet local artists and groups, and possibly discover a hidden talent.”
In partnership with the Oakville Arts Council, residents of all ages and abilities are invited to get inspired as local artists share their creative process, inspirations and techniques.
Highlights of this year’s lineup include:
· Digital Discoveries Children’s Workshop
· Rhyme Time with children’s author Loris Lesynksi
· Oakville Chinese Singing Opera
· Oakville Improv Theatre Group
· Autograph signing with YTV’s Life with Boys star
· Oakville Suzuki Association Music Lessons
· Canadian Caribbean Association of Halton Steel Pan
· Culture Days Critter Family Drop-in Ceramic Program
· Oakville Scottish Country Dance Group Dance Lessons
· Behind the Scenes in the Recording Studio
· Exhibitions and Marketplace
Culture Days is a grassroots nation-wide movement that aims to raise awareness, participation and engagement in the arts and cultural life of Canadian communities.
For more information visit the Culture Days website at culturedays.ca.