I know, I know I said it “No more New Year’s Resolutions!”. I used to get so inspired by people making their new years resolutions especially when they would stick to them but let’s be real who really sticks to them?
We love to talk about the new year and all the hopeful things it will bring for example “This is the year that I am going to get into shape”, “This is the year that I am going to finally lose the weight”, “ This is the year I am going to quit smoking”, “ This is the year I am going to spend more time with my family and friends” etc.
Does this sound familiar?
While we all have good intentions when it comes to our New Year’s Resolutions somehow by the time February rolls around we have fallen back into our old habits. Why is that? Most of us unfortunately don’t have a plan we just talk about what we want to change but deep down inside we don’t believe that it will ever change. We don’t need to have a special day to make a change in our life, we have the ability to make a change on any given day.
Whether it is today, tomorrow, next week or next month You! and only You! have the amazing power to change your life.
7 Tips To Help You Succeed
- First you must believe, sounds silly but it is the most important ingredient to success. You don’t have to know how you are going to do it just BELIEVE that you will!
- Write down short term and long term goals in a journal and read it to yourself everyday. Statistics have shown that when you write down on paper what you want you are more likely to succeed at it.
- Visualize/Meditate yourself achieving your goals for 5-10 minutes everyday. You can do this before you go to bed and first thing in the morning before you get out of bed. Be patient it will get easier the more you do it. See it, believe it and then you will achieve it.
- If you have a set back don’t dwell on it- it is now in the past and you can’t change that however you can change the future so don’t wait until next year to do so- remember you can change on any given day.
- Talk is cheap, actions speak louder- need I say more?
- Surround yourself with a good support system ie. Friends, family, co-workers who genuinely care about your well-being.
- Be present in your life. Too often there is a disconnect we are either living in the past or in the future. Take the time to be present in the now – sometimes we need to just live in the moment.
Remember life is short and you deserve to live the best that life has to offer.